2 flying clubs await you in Rodez:
Les Ailes Ruthénoises
The association has been in existence since 1933 and boasts 90 members of all age, including pilots and student pilots, either on plane or micro lights.
The flying club is opened year-round and provides:
- First flights
- Airborne introduction to becoming a pilot
- Taking the pilot exam (ground and airborne lessons are provided by a professional flight instructor)
Social life at the Ailes Ruthénoises is very busy. Each year, we host:
- An open-door day
- An air show
- Trips through France and abroad
- A party
- Public briefings
- Outings and dinners
- Various activities
Getting people to know more about aeronautics, and teaching the youth; both lie at the heart of our undertakings:
- “Brevet d’Initiation Aéronautique” (BIA)
- Education and physical exercise
- Group visit of the airport
- Training future professional pilots to be proficient in night flights or security procedures.
Watch the video on YouTube: Instruction flight at Ailes Ruthénoises
One condition is necessary: loving aviation. Safety and good spirits will take care of the rest.
The « Av’AIRon club » flying club was created on December 8, 2008 by a handful of young pilots and three professional instructors, well-known in the world of general aviation.
We own 2 Cessna aircrafts. One Cessna 150 for the pilot school (which trained 5 new pilots in 2011) and one new-generation Cessna 172, equipped with autopilot, a rare feat in a so-called “provincial” flying club.
Watch the video of our Cessna 172 landing.
Watch the video of our Cessna 150 after a flight with a young pilot student.
in 2011, the association had 58 members including 12 students and 6 female.
The air show we organized last September gathered more than 3,000 people on the Rodez-Aveyron airport.